Wednesday, January 25, 2006

An old friend

That last story was enough to last a few days I'd say. But I thought I'd take a few words to memorialize an old friend of mine. We were two single guys in a dumpy little city who made enough money to spend lots of money partying in a town of that stature.

He was so handsome that it was almost unfair. Those looks and the kind of high profile job he had in a little city like that, the girls flocked on him like fleas to a dog. I was only too happy to be his friend for the time I lived there and was well rewarded by hanging out with him. I had more women in one year than I ever did the rest of my life. He had that many and plenty more. He didn't keep score. It's just what he did. He had a co-worker that called him "fuckmonkey". About the only time he was ever completely sincere was when he would look at me and say, "God I love women".

I loved women about as much as he did. Of course some of my erotic fantasies were a bit different than his. He never knew that. We were friends, but not that close. True; my ultimate satisfaction with a woman involved some consensual bondage. But at the time a straight lust filled one night stand came a close second. That one year hanging out with him made up for all those awkward, horrible school years....by plenty. He got married...cannot imagine him faithful, but he is married. We lost touch with each other. I think his better half was responsible for that. I think she blamed me for some of his errant ways. That still makes me laugh. I'd like to see him just once again to thank him. I kind of wonder what he's doing say right now. Whether it be with a wife or some adoring flea I'm sure he's still loving women somewhere.

Hope all is well my friend...and like the good old days, if whoever she is has a friend, give your ol' Hoss a call.