Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Introducing...the Mouse

I used to think it was just voices in my head that filled it with these fantasies, but I was proved wrong. I was sitting at a bar gazing at what had to be the cutest bartender I had seen in years. Then a voice started talking to me. At first I thought it was the usual voice in my head, but it seemed clearer. Then I saw it.

It was a mouse sitting on the bar by my beer glass. I looked around and tried to remain calm...and kept my wits about me as I realized that nobody else sitting around me could see the mouse. Still...when he sat up and started to talk to me, it took the fact that I was on my fourth beer over two shots of jack that kept me from screaming and running out of the bar. He spoke to me....and the voice sounded familiar.

"That's right...I'm the voice you thought was in your head." He continued, "It's been me all the time". "The reason you can see me now is that we are....evolving". The mouse introduced himself..."my name is Mika".

I knew I was terrified...but Mika put me at ease. Told me to remain calm. What choice did I have? Was I to tell the people at the bar that a mouse was talking to me?

I took a deep breath, and whispered to my new friend in a manner where the other occupants of the room could not hear me. "So it is you to blame". "You're the reason these dark fantasies are in my head".

Mika gazed at me and cracked a smile, "Blame me if you must, for a sane person that you still claim to be should realize that this is why I exist".

A sip of my beer and Mika caught me drawing attention away from him and looking at the cute bartender that had been serving me. "Well...she sure is cute isn't she"? Mika laughed...not upset at all that my eyes currently feasted on her body instead of giving him full attention.

Yes...Mika has spoken to me before I thought. We have been friends for such a long time. My best friend has been a talking mouse. I sank another shot and said out loud, "Sure Mika...tell me what you're thinking". It was loud enough for several people to look my way...I realized my mistake and when the curious onlookers saw that there was no more outbursts to come, they looked away.

Mika laughed at me and asked if he could continue uninterrupted. "Sure, Mika...tell me what you're thinking", I whispered. He spoke calmly and evenly.

"That girl behind the bar is probably desperate for cash. Flirt with her and offer her money to take photos of her. Tip her two hundred dollars and give her your address. She'll be hungry for more. When she comes over give her three hundred dollar bills torn in half and tell her that you want to take some erotic photos. Take some photos and then hit her with the bomb. Tell her that you'll pay her three hundred more to take her photo in her underclothes with her hands bound behind her. "

Mika continued,"By that time the drug you put in her drink will be taking effect and while she is drifting off you can put her on the bed and bind her ankles. Then there will be plenty of time to gag her before she realizes that her photo shoot is to become a full time gig."


I looked at Mika and he looked at me. We both laughed. I looked at him and whispered, "We'd have to be insane to think that a girl would be that gullible or that we'd get away with it". Mika looked at me and winked, "Yeah...insane." I took the last gulp that was left in my beer. I looked at Mika and said, "nothing here is real...right"? He looked at me with a glimmer in his eye and said, "sure Simon...nothing here is real".