Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Changes


The other evening I saw a woman that reminded me of a woman I was madly in love with many years ago. Ok...twenty five. She is still the most beautiful female creature I have ever laid my eyes on. Every now and then I see a girl that reminds me of her. Of course, it being 25 years later, just how would she really look now?

I think when we are young and date we laugh at the saying that you look at your date's mother or father you can see what your date is going to look like years into the future. Well....if that is true, then nowadays a good glimpse at my former flame would be a real humbling experience. Her mother was not very attractive. Who am I kidding? She was ugly.


Let's be fair here. If she thinks of me every now and then, she may imagine me looking like my dad too. Believe me, that is enough to keep nostalgia in check. My dad was no male model in his forties...and that has not changed at all. Now in my forties, I think I've done a good job holding off father time pretty well. Of course I'm biased.

All in all, best to keep the past in the past and enjoy the present. So just a few drinks in her memory before I hit the road should be harmless.